David G 69 Gulf SPF build begins.

Randy Folsom

Supporter
Now that the front of the engine is figured out I will remove the engine from the stand and mount the flywheel and the the bellhousing and zero runout the bellhousing then install the clutch assembly. I want to send the bundle of snakes out for jet hot coating but think I need to test fit it first and make sure they clear the upper crossmember first.
David, did you send the exhaust to Jet Hot. I asked a few different vendors how they coat the inside. The only one that would not tell me was Jet Hot. Claimed it was a trade secret. The others all said they cap the ends and swirl. That is also how Ceracoat recommends. It’s certainly a lot less expensive. I am also looking at Eastwood’s internal coating. They provide a 2’ hose with a 360^ nozzle. Cheers, Randy

I had a neat piece of the puzzle show up almost a year to the date of the delivery. And I plan on registering it as a 1969 so I stumbled across this fitting 69 Florida license plate. My chassis number is P1176 . 50 year Anniversary of P1075.
I love the matching “Gulf” guitar David. I’ve seen them on the Safir website and have to admit they’re tempting, but my taste runs more toward acoustic type guitars… :cool:

Back