Randy's RCR40 MKI

Randy Folsom

Supporter
Another puzzle solved. I bought the RCR bundle of snakes (thank you to whoever it was that cancelled their order). They fit my Prestige 302/363 perfectly. I was able to flush up all the header tube flange bolts with my fingers. No tools needed for the test fit. So far it doesn’t look like I will have any clearance issues.

My plan is to use straight pipes with Zoomie cut outs. The cut outs will redirect the exhaust to ‘Suit Case Boxes’ which will have mufflers inside and then go back to the straight pipes.

Hoping someone has already done something similar and can share their experience.

IMG_3724.jpeg

1716138407255.png

Vinny P

Supporter
Looking good Randy, check the clearance on the headers between the clamshell and upper pipe, either the pipe or the clamshell will need to be modified. Also the valve covers are a bit tall and the valve cover vents will also touch the clamshell.

Randy Folsom

Supporter
Looking good Randy, check the clearance on the headers between the clamshell and upper pipe, either the pipe or the clamshell will need to be modified. Also the valve covers are a bit tall and the valve cover vents will also touch the clamshell.
Vinny,
Thx much for the info. I am guessing that there is some history with RCR’s pipes and rear clip clearance. I wonder if that applies to both 302 and 351 based builds. I am running a 302/363. I also chose the MK1 rear clip and my understanding is that clip has less head room than the MK2. Maybe I can replace the 9-hole plate with a scoop to increase head room.

I will be replacing the valve cover vents with angled hose connections to a muck tank.
Cheers, Randy

Randy Folsom

Supporter
Now I need to decide if I will treat the aluminum billet suspension components.

Choices are (in no particular order)
  • Natural
  • Clear coat
  • Anodized
  • Ceramic coating
  • Powder coated
I am leaning towards ceramic because it won’t obscure the logos and it is durable. Hoping others share their experience and opinions.

Back