Ten things to do while you are waiting for your RF

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
1. Buy more tools that you probably won’t need (e.g. www.harborfreight.com)
2. Finish up every conceivable home maintenance task *before* your car/kit arrives
3. Make sure every other “hobby” car you have is running, or at least, can roll around
4. Get your vanity plates ordered
5. Scout up a copy of the getting harder to find book “Blue and Orange” and think about how you will scrape up the cash to add your next street car (an RF??? Gulf 917 of course!) to your collection/obsession
6. Figure out how to justify the additional cost of an aluminum Dart block (as opposed to dieting)
7. Wash and wax the minivan (it will be a while before the next time it sees a hose)
8. If you ordered a RHD car for the US, have someone drive you around and see what it’s going to be like trying to pass a truck on a two lane highway - (this was pointed out to me by an RHD Jaguar owning friend of mine)
9. Line up your insurance with Grundy, Hagarty etc. because otherwise your State Farm Agent will be planning a few more rounds of golf each week on you when he hears about your new “exotic”.
10. Motivate yourself to figure out how to use the new features in Photoshop CS (like the vanishing point filter) and make a 120 x 80 pixel avatar of your car in only 3 hours.
11. [Bonus] Buy and race more GT40 slot cars to help pass the time if 1-10 are already done, and don’t make racing noises unless you are sure you are alone.

As of yesterday everything except #4 was done and that showed up in the mail today. Now what?

Regards,

Al

Attachments

• 63164-plate.jpg
    63164-plate.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 235
Al, I built a bar in my shop, it came in handy waiting for my kit to arrive and even more so after it did.
oh PS I have a 1/32 scale slot car set up too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Hmmmmm. I help my wife have a baby (I think, she sort of looks like me), then, I didn't have time for any of the stuff on the list either!! ;-)

You forgat the all important things,

1)Finish the MINI sitting in bits where the RF40 will go in a few months.
2)Build two shed one for the kids bikes and the other for garden impliments.
3)Find and decide where the best source for metal brakes and bead rollers are.

Sheds are Done!

Mini is looking like a last minute thrash!

Still looking for a place to buy a good Metal Brake and Beab rollers. Any ideas from you UK folks?

If you are on a tight budget, make the brake yourself. Some 2" angle iron, some flat stock and a few scraps of tubular stock and you have as good of one as you will need. If you would like plans, I could send details and pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bill

Back