Front Brake Calipers

Bit of help and advice please. I've been offered a set of Brembo brake calipers which were originally made for an Aston Martin. I don't think I can get the front ones on the car but I could get the rear ones on my front discs. Question is, is a 4 pot with 32mm pistons going to give me decent braking?

What size pistons are people using?

My rotor is BMW vented, not that that really makes any difference. I currently have the BMW 62mm floater on there (they came with the original car) but the pedal is a bit longer than I would like (although they work well enough). I'm using EBC Yellow pads.

I don't really want to mess with the master cylinder which is MGB. The brakes work as they are but I was just looking to use the Brembo's as they have come across my bows!

Malcolm

Supporter
If you search online there are brake design calculators that if you enter the details of your brakes will help you decide if these callipers will work.

Will look more online but doing my own math I get a 7% betterment on piston area. Doesn't seem enough. If I could get the fronts on I would be nearer 65%. Probably not worth the money with the rear calipers. Unless anyone knows different!

Chris, on my RCR GT40
Front
Rear

Chris, on my RCR GT40
Front
Rear
Thanks for that. I worked out piston area of 4.9 in2 so more than yours. Now my head is hurting!!!!!!

I might have a look at the pedal ratio before I do anything else.

Back