Picture Upload

I'm trying to upload a picture in the "Start a conversation" window. When I press the "Insert image" icon I get the Link window (see picture below) instead. I just checked and the link in this window is working correctly. Would you please have a look and see if you can fix the problem. Thanks.

GT40ImageButton.JPG

Looks like you are hitting the link icon. If you want to upload a picture from your computer or iPad click on the little picture icon. Then there should be two tabs, one with an upload arrow and another with a link icon. You want the upload arrow icon then you can select your picture from your device.

The link icon is used to reference a picture that exists at a specific URL

Hope this helps.

It works here in a thread but not when I try and send a PM. Please try and send me a picture in a PM and let me know what you get. If you look at the small window I posted it isn't the same as when you click on the link icon.

Brian if it's something I'm doing wrong please let me know. I've been wrong more than a few times, just ask my X-wife. I spent almost 40 years working on computer hardware and software so I'm not a newbie but that doesn't mean I'm infallible.

Hi Richard. This is definitely above my pay grade. I tried it from my phone and do two PC’s and I always get the appropriate box.
Sorry I can’t be of more help. Hopefully Randy and Ron can help more.

Regards Brian

Thanks Brian, certainly not the end of the world. Is that your Lola in the picture? Many years ago a friend was working on converting a T70 roadster into a street car with a 427 tunnel port motor. Last I knew he was having problems getting a windshield with a DOT stamp. What beautiful cars. Not sure what happened to it. I'm sure someone is enjoying vintage racing it.

No Richard, unfortunately it is not mine. I have a RCR Lola T70 MK3B coming. I have ordered a all aluminum Brodix BBC with Kinsler 8 stack EFI from PRESTIGE for it also . I have a new Ricardo 6 speed transaxle as well . I kinda feel like Johnny Cash “1 piece at a time”. I had Baer Brakes make up some custom calipers and a complete brake setup. I need to get a bunch of stuff to Fran so he can move forward, but work is being a pain in the butt. Between people being off for sick leave and coming back only to quit it’s really taking me away from things I want to do. Hopefully one day I will be posting pictures of my build and ultimately my completed car. Right now I’m living vicariously through Jim Albrights Lola build.
Thanks for asking.
Regards Brian

Not much I can do either I'm sad to say. Have you tried just a simple cut and paste into your message? For example, the picture you see below I put there by Copy and Paste - no uploading or linking pictures or pushing a button on the forum, good old fashioned Cntl-C and Cntl-V.

1709223355911.jpeg

Not sure why it didn't work on my phone either. Very strange. Maybe not my phone also runs Chrome. It does work if I'm in a thread on the forum.

Last edited:
Back